Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com
Who do we collect personal data from?
We collect personal data from the following categories of people:
- Market research participants
- Employees and prospective employees
- Clients and prospective clients
- Participants in content generation studies
What personal information do we process?
For participants taking part in a market research or content generation project, we may process the following types of information
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- Potentially bank details
- Other demographic information such as profession and age
- Product information you may have with one of our clients
- Your opinions
- Photos of you
- Audio and video recordings of talking heads to camera responding to specific questions and probes
- We may also collect your IP address and which type of web browser you are using if you participate in an online market research survey.
We may also collect and process sensitive personal data (such as gender, ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health or sexual life) as required for a particular market research or content generation project. In this case we will obtain your explicit consent and provide a full description of how it will be used and where it will be located. [
How is my data collected?
Depending on the project, PEEK may collect your personal information in a number of ways. These include:
- From one of our clients, who you are a customer of or have had contact with in the past
- From a research panel that you have signed up to in the past and for which you have consented your personal information to be used for invitations to future market research studies
- From one of our third parties who have previously made contact to invite you to conduct market research activities or to share your story.
How will it be used?
Your personal data is used by us to assist in our market research activities, and to bring key insights or stories and testimonials to life. These activities include:
- Contacting you to invite you to participate in a market research survey
- For internal quality control purposes
- Recording your research responses as either audio / video files or as text files, depending on the research methodology used.
- Sharing with carefully selected third party vendors to conduct additional processing activities relating only to the research survey you have participated in
- Reviewing your research responses in combination with the responses obtained from others in order to identify trends and key messages
- Feed back to our client anonymised findings we believe to be of interest to them
- For content studies, where we use the output for engaging a wider external audience we ask you directly for the usage and ask you to sign specific consent documents, so that you have absolutely clarity around the purpose of the activity.
Who has access to your information?
It is our intention to be as transparent with you as possible with regards to who we may need to share your personal data with. Before you start your research with us we will let you know who we will share your information with be it strictly for the purposes of conducting necessary and legitimate additional market research activities, or for creating user generated content for a specific use which you are explicitly aware of.
During the course of a research programme your personal information may be shared with the following types of organisation:
- Recruiters (who will invite you to participate in research on our behalf)
- Fieldwork agencies (who may conduct interviews on our behalf)
- Research viewing facilities (who provide rooms, recording facilties and coordination services for our interviews)
- Online platforms (which we use to host online research activities)
- Video streaming partners (if we conduct any live streaming of any face-to-face interviews)
- Our clients (only if you are a customer and we have told you upfront that is what we planning to do)
- Transcribers (who may transcribe recordings)
- Cameramen and video editors (who may perform editing activities on our behalf)
- Law enforcement (only if required to do so)
- Online community managers
For market research purposes, PEEK utilizes a carefully selected network of third party vendors for market research related data processing and analysis. These organisations are contractually obliged to solely use your information for research and statistical purposes and safeguard your information from unauthorised disclosure or modification. They are also contractually obliged to delete your information in line with an agreed retention period.
For outward facing content generation purposes, at the start of the project we explicitly make it clear who the intended audience for your data is and where it will be seen.
PEEK may need to transfer your data outside of the EU in order to complete research activities or fulfil our contractual requirements. We will always make sure acceptable cross border transfer mechanisms are in place (e.g. EU-US Privacy Shield for US companies, or EU standard contractual clauses for transfers to other organisations outside the EU).
How long will we keep your data?
Most personal information held about you by us in order to conduct our market research and content generation activities will be retained for 6 months after the completion of the work. This is to ensure we can respond to any validation requests from our clients or otherwise complete the provision of our services to our clients.
The only personal data belonging to you that is not deleted after 6 months is your name and date of attendance which is securely stored in a separate database for a further 2 years. This is for legitimate internal quality control purposes.
How do we secure your data?
We take information security very seriously at PEEK and have invested a lot of resource in designing and implementing systems in order to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data.
In particular, we only work with suppliers who are GDPR compliant and use encryption, usernames and passwords and other relevant security measures when transferring data. All of our team are instructed on the importance of following correct data security protocols and endeavour to keep consistently high and compliant standards.
How you can access and update your personal information
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access
you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification
you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten
in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to object
you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2019.